WHAT IS PRIMIGYN 0.5 MG GEL ?
Dinoprostone gel is a prostaglandin. It works by causing softening and dilation of the cervix.
WHAT IS THE USE OF PRIMIGYN 0.5 MG GEL ?
Dinoprostone gel is used for inducing labor in pregnant women at term or near term.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS OF PRIMIGYN 0.5 MG GEL ?
Back pain; abnormal muscle action within the uterus; diarrhea; fever; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting; warm feeling in the vagina.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); slow or abnormal heartbeat in the developing fetus.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION OF PRIMIGYN 0.5 MG GEL ?
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have asthma, genital herpes, increased pressure in the eye, vaginal bleeding, membrane rupture, cramped muscles in the uterus, cephalopelvic disproportion, grand multiparity, or vasa previa
- if you have a history of difficult labor or uterine surgery
- if you are having a cesarean section or traumatic delivery