WHAT IS ERYCIN 500 mg TABLET ?
Erycin belongs to group of drugs known as macrolide antibiotics, which work by stopping bacteria from making proteins that they need to survive and function properly.
MEDICINE USES :
Erythromycin is used to treat or prevent many different types of infections caused by bacteria.
CIPLA ERYTHROMYCIN COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
- mild diarrhea; or
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;
- hearing problems (rare);
- liver problems–nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- severe skin reaction–fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for ERYCIN ERYTHROMYCIN TABLETS :
- Before taking Erythromycin, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other macrolide antibiotics (such as azithromycin, clarithromycin); or if you have any other allergies.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history