Efamat Efavirenz 600 mg Tablets
WHAT IS EFAMAT 600 MG TABLETS ?
Efavirenz is an antiviral medicine that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from multiplying in your body.
WHAT IS THE USE OF EFAMAT 600 MG TABLETS ?
Efavirenz is used to treat HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS OF EFAMAT 600 MG TABLETS ?
Call your doctor at once if you have:
a seizure; liver problems - nausea, upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice; or severe skin reaction - fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, redness or burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION OF EFAMAT 600 MG TABLETS ?
- Before taking efavirenz, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it;
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history
- To make sure efavirenz is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have liver disease; seizures or epilepsy; a history of mental illness, injection drug use, or taking an anti-psychotic medicine; heart disease or long QT syndrome; high cholesterol or triglycerides;
- This medication is not recommended for use during pregnancy.
- This medication passes into breast milk. Because breast milk can transmit HIV, do not breast-feed.