Ciploric Allopurinol Tablet
Ciploric Allopurinol is a type of medication called a xanthine oxidase inhibitor. It works by reducing the production of uric acid in the body. It comes in the form of an oral tablet.
Allopurinol reduces the production of uric acid in your body. Uric acid buildup can lead to gout or kidney stones.
It is used to treat gout or kidney stones, and to decrease levels of uric acid in people who are receiving cancer treatment.
- vomiting, diarrhea;
- drowsiness, headache;
- changes in your sense of taste; or
- muscle pain.
Stop using Ciploric and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild;
- pain or bleeding when you urinate;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, weight loss, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- joint pain, flu symptoms;
- severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness; or
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.