Vecuronium Bromide Injection
WHAT IS NEOVEC INJECTION ?
Neovec is a neuromuscular blocking agent. It works by blocking nerve transmissions in muscle nerves, which results in muscle relaxation and paralysis.
MEDICINE USES :
Vecuronium Bromide is used for Relaxing muscles during surgery and mechanical breathing.
VECURONIUM BROMIDE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); dizziness; fever; prolonged muscle weakness; unusually fast or slow heart rate.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for NEOVEC VECURONIUM INJECTION :
- Neovec may cause a change in circulation time for patients with heart problems or increased age.
- Patients with severe obesity or neuromuscular disease may have airway and/or breathing problems requiring special care before, during, and after the use of neuromuscular blocking agents such as Neovec.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) is a potentially deadly syndrome associated with Neovec. Symptoms may include increased body heat; rigid muscles; altered mental abilities, including lack of response to your surroundings; fast or irregular heartbeat; and sweating. Contact your doctor at once if any of these symptoms occur.
- Use Neovec with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Vecuronium contains benzyl alcohol, a preservative. Do not use this medicine in NEWBORNS because serious and sometimes fatal nervous system