Votrient Pazopanib 200mg Tablets
WHAT IS VOTRIENT ?
Votrient is a type of biological therapy called a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI). Tyrosine kinases are proteins which act as chemical messengers (enzymes) in cells. There are a number of different tyrosine kinases and they stimulate cancer cells to grow. Generic Pazopanib blocks a number of these proteins and is called a multi tyrosine kinase inhibitor (multi TKI). It stops cancer cells forming blood vessels that they need in order to grow. This is called anti-angiogenesis treatment.
MEDICINE USES :
Pazopanib is a treatment for advanced kidney cancer (renal cancer). It is also used to treat soft tissue sarcoma (a tumor that can develop in or around muscles, tendons, joints, organs, or blood vessels). It is usually given after other cancer medications have been tried without successful treatment of soft tissue sarcoma.
PAZOPANIB COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; loss of appetite; or changes in hair color.
Stop using Votrient and call your doctor at once if you have:
- stomach pain or swelling, bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- slow healing of a wound or surgical incision, or any wound that will not heal; headache, confusion, change in mental status, vision loss, seizure (convulsions);
- sudden chest pain or discomfort, wheezing, dry cough, feeling short of breath; signs of infection--fever, sore throat, cough, flu symptoms, body aches, skin sores;
- liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- heart attack symptoms--chest pain