Teravir - Tenofovir 300mg
WHAT IS TERAVIR ?
Teravir 300mg is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). Its structure closely resembles the natural structure of viral DNA, that helps it to incorporate itself into the viral DNA. By doing so, it blocks the activity of an important viral enzyme reverse transcriptase which is involved in the replication of viral DNA, a process essential for survival of the virus.
MEDICINE USES :
Natco Tenofovir is used to treat HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is not a cure for HIV or AIDS. It is also used to treat chronic hepatitis B.
TENOFOVIR COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- sore throat, flu symptoms, easy bruising or unusual bleeding;
- kidney problems--little or no urination, painful or difficult urination, swelling in your feet or ankles, feeling tired or short of breath; or
- liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
Tenofovir may increase your risk of certain infections or autoimmune disorders by changing the way your immune system works. Symptoms may occur weeks or months after you start treatment with tenofovir. Tell your doctor if you have:
- signs of a new infection--fever, night sweats, swollen glands, mouth sores, diarrhea, stomach pain, weight loss;
- chest pain (especially when you breathe), dry cough, wheezing, feeling short of breath;
- rapid heart rate, feeling anxious or irritable, weakness or prickly feeling, problems with balance or eye movement;