WHAT IS ELTROMBOPAG TABLETS?
Revolade belongs to a group of medicines called thrombopoietin receptor agonists. This prescription drug contains the active substance eltrombopag.
REVOLADE 50 mg USES :
Revolade Eltrombopag tablets are used to help increase the number of platelets in your blood. Platelets are blood cells that help to reduce or prevent bleeding. This medicine is used to prevent bleeding episodes in people with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), a bleeding condition caused by a lack of platelets in the blood.
REVOLADE ELTROMBOPAG COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction : hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop taking this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as :
- nausea, pain in your upper stomach, low fever, loss of appetite;
- dark urine, clay-colored stools;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- sudden severe headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood;
- pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs;
- blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights.
- Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea, vomiting, upset stomach;
- muscle pain; numbness or tingly feeling; redness of the eyes etc.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice any other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.