Perjeta Pertuzumab Injection
WHAT IS PERJETA ?
Perjeta is called a monoclonal antibody. It works by attaching to the HER2 cancer cells and blocking them from dividing and growing. It may also destroy the cancer cells or signal the body (immune system) to destroy the cancer cells.
MEDICINE USES :
Pertuzumab is used with other medications to treat certain types of breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body in patients who have not received treatment or chemotherapy. It is also used with other medications to treat early stage breast cancer in patients who will be having surgery to remove the cancer. The types of cancers Perjeta is used to treat are tumors that produce more than the normal amount of a certain substance called HER2 protein.
PERTUZUMAB COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
nausea, diarrhea; temporary hair loss; tired feeling; numbness or tingling in your hands or feet; or mild rash or itching.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- shortness of breath (even with mild exertion), swelling, rapid weight gain;
- fever, swollen gums, painful mouth sores, pain when swallowing, skin sores, cold or flu symptoms, cough, trouble breathing;
- easy bruising or bleeding (nosebleeds, bleeding gums); or
- pale skin, feeling light-headed, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for PERJETA PERTUZUMAB VIAL :
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical