Lucrin Depot 3.75 mg Injection
WHAT IS LUCRIN DEPOT 3.75 MG INJECTION ?
Luprodex overstimulates the body's own production of certain hormones, which causes that production to shut down temporarily. Leuprolide reduces the amount of testosterone in men or estrogen in women.
WHAT IS THE USE OF LUCRIN DEPOT 3.75 MG INJECTION ?
Luprodex is used in men to treat the symptoms of prostate cancer. It is also used in women to treat symptoms of endometriosis (overgrowth of uterine lining outside of the uterus) or uterine fibroids. It is also used to treat precocious (early-onset) puberty in both male and female children.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF LUCRIN DEPOT 3.75 MG INJECTION ?
Mild burning/pain/bruising at the injection site, hot flashes (flushing), increased sweating, night sweats, tiredness, headache, upset stomach, breast changes, acne, joint/muscle aches, trouble sleeping, vaginal discomfort/dryness/bleeding, swelling of the ankles/feet, increased urination at night or dizziness may occur.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION OF LUCRIN DEPOT 3.75 MG INJECTION ?
- Before using leuprolide, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it;
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history;
- Leuprolide may weaken your bones and increase your risk for bone loss (osteoporosis) if used for a long time.
- This medication must not be used during pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.