Simponi Golimumab 50 mg Injection
SIMPONI 50 MG INJECTION
Simponi 50mg reduces the effects of a substance in the body that can cause inflammation. It works by blocking a protein (tumor necrosis factor or TNF) found in the body's immune system that causes joint swelling and damage.
USE OF SIMPONI 50 MG
Golimumab is used to reduce pain and swelling due to certain types of arthritis (such as rheumatoid, psoriatic, and ankylosing spondylitis). By reducing joint swelling, the medication helps to reduce further joint damage and preserve joint function. Depending on the type of arthritis that is being treated, this drug may be used alone or in combination with another drug.
SIMPONI 50MG COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat; flu symptoms, cold sores; or pain, itching, redness, or swelling where you injected the medicine.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these other side effects:
- shortness of breath with swelling of your ankles or feet;
- vision changes, neck stiffness, seizure;
- numbness or tingly feeling, weakness in your arms or legs;
- liver problems-upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice;
- lupus-like syndrome-muscle or joint pain, chest pain, patchy skin color, skin rash over your cheeks and nose; or
- signs of psoriasis-red or scaly patches of skin, flaking, pus.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor.