Gemcite 200mg Gemcitabine Injection
WHAT IS GEMCITE?
Gemcite is a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body. It belongs to the family of drugs called antimetabolites. Antimetabolites are very similar to normal substances within the cell. When the cells incorporate these substances into the cellular metabolism, they are unable to divide. Antimetabolites are cell-cycle specific. They attack cells at very specific phases in the cycle.
MEDICINE USES :
Gemcitabine is used for pancreas cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, bladder cancer, soft-tissue sarcoma, metastatic breast cancer, ovarian cancer
GEMCITABINE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
nausea, vomiting; fever, unusual bleeding; abnormal blood or urine tests; trouble breathing; swelling in your hands or feet; mild rash; or red or pink urine.
Also call your doctor at once if you have:
- fever, chills, flu symptoms, easy bruising or bleeding (nosebleeds, bleeding gums);
- blisters or ulcers in your mouth, red or swollen gums, trouble eating or swallowing;
- severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, confusion, seizure (convulsions);
- liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- signs of damaged red blood cells--bloody diarrhea, stomach pain with vomiting, blood in your urine, pale skin;
- signs of a kidney problem--little or no urinating, painful or difficult urination, swelling in your feet or ankles; or
- symptoms of a lung problem--sudden chest pain or discomfort, anxiety