Capnat - Capecitabine 500mg
WHAT IS CAPNAT ?
Capnat 500mg is an anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drug. It is classified as an "antimetabolite. Antimetabolites are cell-cycle specific. They attack cells at very specific phases in the cycle.
MEDICINE USES :
Natco Capecitabine is used for Metastatic colon or rectal cancer and Metastatic breast cancer. It belongs to the category of chemotherapy called antimetabolites. Antimetabolites are very similar to normal substances within the cell. When the cells incorporate these substances into the cellular metabolism, they are unable to divide.
CAPECITABINE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
stomach pain or upset, constipation; tired feeling; mild skin rash; or numbness or tingling in your hands or feet.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- fever above 100.5 degrees;
- nausea, loss of appetite, eating much less than usual, vomiting (more than once in 24 hours);
- severe diarrhea (more than 4 times per day, or during the night);
- blisters or ulcers in your mouth, red or swollen gums, trouble swallowing; pain, tenderness, redness, swelling, blistering, or peeling skin on your hands or feet;
- dehydration symptoms--feeling very thirsty or hot, being unable to urinate, heavy sweating, or hot and dry skin;
- heart problems--chest pain or pressure, uneven heartbeats, shortness of breath (even with mild exertion), swelling or rapid weight gain;
- kidney problems--little or no urinating; painful or difficult urination; swelling in your feet or ankles; feeling tired or short of breath;
- liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain