Champix Varenicline Tablets
WHAT IS CHAMPIX TABLETS ?
Varenicline is a smoking cessation agent. It works in the brain by blocking the pleasurable effects of smoking. This helps to decrease your desire to smoke.
WHAT IS THE USE OF CHAMPIX TABLETS ?
Varenicline is used for helping people to quit smoking cigarettes.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS OF CHAMPIX TABLETS ?
Constipation; dizziness; dry mouth; gas; headache; nausea; stomach pain or upset; taste changes; tiredness or weakness; trouble sleeping; vivid, strange, or unusual dreams; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions; behavior changes; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory loss; new or worsening mental or mood problems; persistent trouble sleeping; seizures; severe or persistent headache; severe or persistent nausea; shortness of breath.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION OF CHAMPIX TABLETS ?
- Before taking varenicline, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
- This drug may make you drowsy, dizzy, lose consciousness, or make it difficult to concentrate.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed.
- It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.