Simponi 100 mg Golimumab Injection
WHAT IS SIMPONI ?
Simponi 100mg reduces the effects of a substance in the body that can cause inflammation. It works by blocking a protein (tumor necrosis factor or TNF) found in the body's immune system that causes joint swelling and damage.
MEDICINE USES :
Golimumab is used to reduce pain and swelling due to certain types of arthritis (such as rheumatoid, psoriatic, and ankylosing spondylitis). By reducing joint swelling, the medication helps to reduce further joint damage and preserve joint function. Depending on the type of arthritis that is being treated, this drug may be used alone or in combination with another drug.
GOLIMUMAB COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat; flu symptoms, cold sores; or pain, itching, redness, or swelling where you injected the medicine.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these other side effects:
- skin growths or changes in skin appearance;
- shortness of breath with swelling of your ankles or feet;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding;
- vision changes, neck stiffness, seizure;
- numbness or tingly feeling, weakness in your arms or legs;
- liver problems--upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- lupus-like syndrome--muscle or joint pain, chest pain, patchy skin color, skin rash over your cheeks and nose (worsens in sunlight); or
- signs of psoriasis--red or scaly patches of skin, flaking, pus.