WHAT IS VOLIBRIS 5 MG TABLETS ?
Volibris is an endothelin receptor antagonist. It works by blocking a certain substance in the lungs, which helps to decrease blood pressure in the lungs.
WHAT IS THE USE OF VOLIBRIS 5 MG TABLETS ?
Ambrisentan is used for treating high blood pressure in the lungs (pulmonary arterial hypertension [PAH]) in certain patients.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS OF VOLIBRIS 5 MG TABLETS ?
Flushing; nose or throat irritation; stuffy nose.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); new or worsening shortness of breath; new or worsening swelling of the hands, legs, ankles, and feet; sudden or unusual weight gain; unusual tiredness or weakness.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
WHAT IS THE MAJOR SAFETY INFORMATION OF VOLIBRIS 5 MG TABLETS ?
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take ambrisentan before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Before taking ambrisentan, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
- This medication must not be used during pregnancy. It may harm an unborn baby.
- It is not known whether this medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.