Aggrenox 25 mg/200 mg Capsules
WHAT IS AGGRENOX CAPSULE ?
Aggrenox contains a combination of Aspirin and Dipyridamole. Aspirin belongs to a group of drugs called salicylates (sa-LIS-il-ates). It works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain, fever, and inflammation. Dipyridamole keeps platelets in your blood from sticking together to form clots.
Aggrenox is in a class of drugs known as antiplatelet agents. Aspirin 25 mg & Dipyridamole 200 mg is a prescription medication which is used to reduce the risk of stroke in people who have already had a transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke") or a stroke due to a blood clot.
AGGRENOX COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Aggrenox : hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- new or worsening chest pain;
- a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
- hearing problems, ringing in your ears;
- signs of bleeding in the brain - confusion, memory problems, severe headache, fainting.
- liver problems - nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice;
Common Aggrenox side effects may include : headache; heartburn, upset stomach; nausea, stomach pain; or diarrhea.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice any other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.&