Abamune - Abacavir Sulfate
WHAT IS ABAMUNE ?
Abamune 300mg belongs to a group of medicines called nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). It works by blocking the function of reverse transcriptase, which inhibits replication of HIV thereby decreasing its level in the blood.
MEDICINE USES :
Cipla Abacavir is an antiviral medicine that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from multiplying in your body. It is used to treat HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). This medicine is for adults and children who are at least 3 months old. This medicine is not a cure for HIV or AIDS.
ABACAVIR COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
sleep problems, strange dreams; headache, tiredness; nausea or vomiting;
changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist); or (in children) stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, ear pain.
It can cause other serious side effects that may not be signs of an allergic reaction. Call your doctor at once if you have:
- the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild; chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder;
- severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate; or
- liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
- signs of a new infection--fever, night sweats, swollen glands, mouth sores, diarrhea, stomach pain, weight loss;
- chest pain (especially when you breathe), dry cough, wheezing, feeling short of breath;