A diuretic is any material that boost diuresis, that is, the expanded production of urine. This comprises unwilling diuresis. There are several division of diuretics. All diuretics promotes the discharge of water from bodies, although each category does so in a different way. Alternatively, an antidiuretic such as vasopressin or antidiuretic hormone, is an promoter or drug which reduces the excretion of water in urine.
TYPES OF DIURETIC
- Thiazide Diuretics: Thiazides are the most commonly prescribed diuretics. They’re most often used to treat high blood pressure. Examples of thiazides include:
- Loop Diuretics: Loop diuretics are often used to treat heart failure. Examples of these drugs include:
- Potassium-sparing diuretics :Potassium-sparing diuretics reduce fluid levels in your body without causing you to lose potassium, an important nutrient.Examples of these drugs include:
SIDE EFFECT OF DIURETICS
- Too little potassium in the blood.
- Too much potassium in the blood (for potassium-sparing diuretics only).
- Low on sodium levels.
- Increased blood sugar.
- Muscle cramps.
- Increased cholesterol.
- Skin rash.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECT
- Allergic reaction
- Kidney failure
- Irregular heartbeat
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Ask your doctor if you should avoid or be cautious using diuretics if you:
- Have severe liver or kidney disease.
- Are dehydrated.
- Have an irregular heartbeat.
- Are in the third trimester of pregnancy and/or have developed high blood pressure during your pregnancy.
- Are age 65 or older.
If your are searching for Diuretic drugs then we are here to provide you with our first rated life saving drugs. Oddway International is one of the prominent Diuretic generic drugs, medicines, pharmaceutical wholesaler, supplier, distributors and exporters Industry in India. Click here to visit Diuretic medication section.