Melanoma, also known as malignant melanoma and it is also known as a type of cancer that advances from the pigment-containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas frequently occur in the skin but they rarely occur in the mouth, intestines, or eye. In women it generally occur on the legs, while in men they are most common on the back. Sometimes they expand from a mole with regarding changes that includes an increase in size, irregular edges, change in color, itchiness and skin breakdown.
Signs and symptoms - ABCDE
A popular method for remembering the signs and symptoms of melanoma is the mnemonic "ABCDE"
- Asymmetrical skin lesion.
- Border of the lesion is irregular.
- Color: Melanomas usually have multiple colors.
- Diameter: Moles greater than 6 mm are more likely to be melanomas than smaller moles.
- Enlarging: Enlarging or evolving.
What are the causes and risk factors for Melanoma?
- Caucasian (white) ancestry.
- Fair skin, light hair and light-colored eyes.
- A history of intense, intermittent sun exposure, especially in childhood.
- Many (more than 100) moles.
- Large, irregular or "funny looking" moles.
- Close blood relatives -- parents, siblings and children -- with melanoma.
What are the types of Melanoma Cancer?
- Superficial spreading melanoma: This type accounts an estimated of 70% of all cases of melanoma. The most common locations are the legs of women and the backs of men.
- Nodular melanoma: approximately 20% of melanomas starts as deeper, blue-black lumps. They may advance faster and may also be more likely to expand.
- Lentigo maligna: Unlike other forms of melanoma, lentigo maligna bears to occur on places like the face.
Stage I / II: Invasive melanoma,
Stage II: High risk melanoma,
Stage III: Regional metastasis,
Stage IV: Distant metastasis
How can you reduce your chances of getting Melanoma Cancer?
- Wear Sunscreen. Make sunscreen a daily habit.
- Wear Protective Clothing. Protect your body with sun-protective clothing, hat, and sunglasses.
- Avoid Peak Rays. Seek shade during the midday sun, when the sun's rays are most intense.
- Don't Use Tanning Beds.
- Protect Children.
If you are suffering from melanoma cancer or melanoma oncology and searching for life saving medication. Oddway International is one of the prominent melanoma cancer or melanoma oncology drug wholesale exporter from India worldwide where we focused on supplying high-quality generic medicine to our customer with express delivery services. Click here to visit anti cancer medication section.