What Is Leukemia Cancer?
Leukemia cancer is a cancer in which blood cells become cancerous and abnormal. Usually leukemia cells continue to grow and divide, eventually crowding out the normal blood cells and produces abnormal blood cells in bone marrow and moreover the abnormal cells in leukemia do not function in the same way as normal white blood cells. The end result is that it becomes difficult for the body to fight infections.
Common Types Of Leukemia Cancer
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia: is the most common type of leukemia in children, but it can also affect adults.
- Acute myeloid leukemia: involves the rapid growth of myeloid cells.
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia: is a slow-growing cancer of lymphoid cells that usually affects people over 55 years of age.
- Chronic myeloid leukemia: primarily affects adults and occurs in about 8.950 people every year in the U.S.
What Are Leukemia Symptoms And Signs?
- Night sweats
- Swollen lymph nodes that are usually painless.
- Feelings of fatigue, tiredness.
- Frequent infections.
- Bone or joint pain.
- Weight loss that is otherwise unexplained, or loss of appetite.
- Enlargement of the spleen or liver, which can lead to abdominal pain or swelling.
- Red spots on the skin (petechiae).
What Are Leukemia Risk Factors?
Increases in leukemia were observed in people surviving atomic bombs. Exposure to certain chemicals, including benzene (used commonly in the chemical industry), increases the risk of leukemia. Cigarette smoking is known to increase the risk of developing leukemia cancer.
Factors Affecting Leukemia Staging And Prognosis
- White blood cell or platelet count.
- Age (advanced age may negatively affect prognosis).
- History of prior blood disorders.
- Chromosome mutations or abnormalities.
- Bone damage.
- Enlarged liver or spleen.
If you are suffering from leukemia cancer and searching for generic medicines to prevent then we are here to provide with best in class life saving drugs. Oddway international is one of the prominent leukemia cancer drugs pharmaceutical wholesaler, supplier, distributors and exporters from India. We look forward to cater our customer's requirement effectively and efficiently. Click here to visit Anti Cancer Medicines section.