The rate of HIV infection in Hong Kong is relatively low, Since the first case of HIV in Hong Kong, 2,446 cases of HIV have come about through heterosexual contact, compared with 1,836 due to homosexual contact, at around 0.1 per cent of the 15-49 year-old population. The global average according to the World Health Organization is 0.8 per cent. The first case of HIV infection in Hong Kong was reported in 1984. Around 34 million people globally were estimated to be living with Aids in 2011.
Causes Of HIV In Hong Kong
- HIV and AIDS activism in Hong Kong has not been as widely celebrated as it has been in other countries.
- Men who have sex with men (MSM).
- Sexual transmission is the main mode of HIV transmission in Hong Kong.
- People who inject drugs (PWID).
How Can Hong Kong Prevent HIV
- Use condoms every time you have sex, and make sure you are using them correctly.
- Limit your sexual risk behaviour. Less sexual partners means lower risk. Oral sex is less likely to transmit HIV.
- Use water-based lubrication during sex. Condoms are less likely to break if they are lubricated.
- Get tested, and encourage your partner to go with you.
India - A Consistent Hiv-Aids Medication Provider To Hong Kong
India is world’s largest generic HIV medicine provider and on the other hand the country has made a strong pitch in Hong Kong to expand and push its pharmaceutical products. The export of generic pharmaceuticals is one of India’s strengths. Oddway International is among the prominent pharmaceutical exporters which has established itself as a trustworthy HIV-AIDS drugs supplier and exporter in Hong Kong. Click here to visit HIV - Aids medicine section.