WHAT IS BIOBIN ?
Biobin is an antimetabolite. The way this medication works is not completely understood. It may work by binding to the RNA or DNA of certain cancer cells, which helps to slow down their growth and reproduction. It may also act by inhibiting an enzyme that works in the cancer cell reproduction.
MEDICINE USES :
Cytarabine is used for treating lymphomatous meningitis.
CYTARABINE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Change in appetite; constipation; cough; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; mouth or tongue sores; stomach pain; tiredness; weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); back pain; bowel or bladder problems; burning, pain, numbness, or tingling; confusion; decreased sense of touch; difficult or painful urination; difficulty walking; fast or irregular heartbeat; fainting; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; headache; hearing problems (eg, hearing loss); joint pain; memory problems; mental or mood changes (eg, agitation, anxiety, depression); muscle pain, weakness, or cramping; nausea; neck pain or rigidity; one-sided weakness; pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site; seizures; severe or persistent dizziness, drowsiness, or light-headedness; severe or persistent dry mouth or eyes; shortness of breath; sluggishness; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; tremor; trouble sleeping; trouble swallowing; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision problems (eg, blurred vision, vision loss); vomiting.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for BIOBIN Cytarabine Injection :
- Biobin may cause spinal cord problems or severe nerve problems, which may rarely lead to permanent nerve problems. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- If you spill Cytarabine on your skin, wash it off right away with soap and water. If this medication comes into contact with your eyes, nose, or mouth, flush thoroughly with water. Clean any areas (tables, counters) where the medicine may have been spilled or sprayed.
- Diabetes patients - Cytarabine may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. It can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath odor. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
- Lab tests, including liver and kidney function tests and complete blood cell count, may be performed to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Biobin has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. Avoid becoming pregnant while you are taking it. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Cytarabine while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast feed while taking it.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.