The Republic of Philippines is a sovereign state situated in southeast Asia. The country covers an area of 300,000 square kilometers with an estimated population of 103 million which makes the country 12th most populous country in the world. The healthcare system in the Philippines can be considered to be of a good standard, Medical practitioners in the Philippines are graduates from the top universities in the country and most of them have studied in US medical schools but the country is suffering from diseases like Tuberculosis, cancer, Diabetes. Cancer is the third leading cause of morbidity and mortality in the country after diseases of the heart and the vascular system according to a recent study 189 of every 100,000 Filipinos are afflicted with cancer while four Filipinos die of cancer every hour or 96 cancer patients every day. Cancer remains a national health priority in the country with significant implications for individuals, families, communities, and the health system.
Roles And Functions Of National Cancer Control Committee In Philippines
- Set the roadmap of National Cancer Prevention and Control Program (NCPCP).
- Plan, establish and implement policies, guidelines and standards throughout the continuum of holistic health care (preventive, promotive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative).
- Advise / recommend upgrading of existing cancer management facilities in the country.
- Coordinating body for all cancer works in the country.
- Ensure the implementation of NCPCP down to the grassroots level.
- Establish and carry out an effective nationwide cancer education program / dissemination.
India - A Consistent Oncology Medicine Provider To Philippines
India is world’s largest generic medicine provider and on the other hand the country has made a strong pitch in Philippines to expand and push the exports of its pharmaceutical products. The export of generic pharmaceuticals is one of India’s strengths. Oddway International is among the prominent anti cancer medicines & oncology drugs wholesaler, supplier, distributor and exporter in Philippines at market leading price with express delivery. Click here to visit Anti Cancer medicine section.